Monday, May 11, 2009

Choti Si Mulaqat - Part 3

Every morning, Daya and Shivani used to fight for silly reasons. Daya always irritated her with stupid talks and Shivani would shout at him back. His friends used to enjoy watching the fights.

One night, as chethan was unable to sleep he came out to watch the beautiful sky. He saw Shivani crying there. He was shocked to see that as he had thought that she was very bold girl. He went to her and asked what was the reason. She hesitated first but then felt he was a decent and very friendly.
"I miss my Dad. Today was the day when he gifted me this watch because I had scored good marks in one of my exam. He was so caring and sweet. I don't know why God wanted him to die so soon."
"I can understand but you have your lovely mother with you atleast. We don't even have that. We are more unlucky than you. God has reason in whatever he does! So, keep the spirit and be bold as always! We all like you to see smiling and not crying like this."
She had never heard anyone say like this to her before. She had stopped crying and smiling at him. She felt relaxed and was happy to have someone like him around. She hugged him saying Thank you.

Daya who got up to smoke a bit saw Chethan missing in the room. He came out in search of him and saw Shivani hugging Chethan. He was very angry but did not say anything. He left the house the next day morning and didn't return back for another few days. All were worried including Shivani. It was Vinay who had observed everything silently and he knew that Daya could not tolerate Shivani doing such a thing. Vinay told Shivani everything and she was lost in tears. They had no other option to do other than waiting for him to come back. After few days Daya came back but he was completely changed. He was not behaving like before. He was quite silent and talked very less. He was completely a different Daya but nobody said anything to him.

Months went by... and on one day, Daya got a letter from Shivani..
She had written..
"Hi Daya, Am really sorry that I have hurted you. I want to talk to you. Will you come near the seashore today evening? I'll be waiting for you."

In the evening, Daya found Shivani standing near the shore. He went to her and said a casual Hi. Shivani noticed how different he was before and how he has got changed. She was busy seeing him that she forgot to speak anything. Daya too kept quiet. After few minutes, Shivani spoke "I know I have hurted you."
"You did not. You never hurted me."
"Dont lie. I know what you have undergone with. I never realized that you liked me. I always knew you were a flirt, so I never bothered about what you think or feel about me.
But now I know."
"No, Shivani. Its all my mistake. I was always flirting with you before. But as time passed by, I realized it was more than attraction. I felt like I want you to be with me forever. But then, Chethan liked you. He is my close buddy. I wanted him to be happy.. so.."
"so? you thought stupid. Idiot! Chethan is really caring, I hugged him as a brother. I like you and I want you.. " She took his hand and gave a gentle kiss and said.. "I have forgotten my surname. can I use yours?"

Then the story was continued with lot of smiles.... :D

In btw, i came to know that there is a friend of mine, who's friend's cousin name is Shivani! and her birthday was just 5 to 6 days back! I am too late to wish her but anyways, happy belated birthday to her! Also, I dedicate this story to her.. :)

10 comments:

Pallav said...

yipee i m first...

hey thts so sweet...
n u knw the most cutest n sweetest part is...

I have forgotten my surname. can I use yours?"

i simply loved it..
great going

Anonymous said...

i loved the story
gr8 work

Sonshu said...

AMAZING...LOVED IT..KEEP WRITING SWETHS

Arv said...

a nice happy go tale :)

smiles smiles :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ pallav
glad u liked it..
yeh, thts ma favt sentence too :D

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ isshita
thnx :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ sonshu
thnx for the wonderful words

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ arv
am smiling :)

Namana said...

AW......!!!!! TOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!! I CANT TELL YOU HOW WONDERFUL THE SENTENCE ""I have forgotten my surname. can I use yours?"" IS!!!!!!! TOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!! I AM SO TOUCHED BY THE STORY!!!!! :)
AND YA, I GUESS IT COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER!! :P
YOU COULD HAV STRETCHED IT MORE.... IT KINDA ENDED TOO SOON!! BUT THE LAST SENTENCE, IT ROCKS!!
WAY TO GO GRL!! ;P

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ naman
thnx a ton!
glad that u liked it..

i too luv that last sentence! u can try using that when u want to.. :P ( i hope u got it)