Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thus a year passed by!

April... the same month, just a year ago was the time when I came to Bangalore.. I was excited and happy when I came here. In the same time, I was scared too.. It was a new place for me then.

I came to Bangalore for few reasons.. To escape from someone, :P to find peace, to get out of the boring job that I was working before, to study further. Al together, I set my goals with many reasons in my mind and came to Bangalore!!

With a good job here, staying as Paying guest, life went on as I wanted for few weeks!
Later, I realized that things are not always as what we wish it would be. Working for long hours was one of the reason which made me feel very tired and put me under frustration. I used to wait for weekends to make myself work-free! but weekends were much worst than weekdays. No friends here in the new place. Hanging out alone? naah, am not crazy! so I used to sit back at ma room and read novels..

I somehow tried to find a way and I made friends with few people around... Got along with few groups and my colleagues. Enjoyed freaking out.. Explored new things in this new place. Experienced many things. Went for few treks, outings, was just hanging out! It was fun all the while. Life went on and I kept myself busy with one or the other things.. with so many plans and few friends here, I used to enjoy each and everything. In btw, used to miss my parents and my close ones!

Though life went on, life was not easy. My close friend who was my roomie shifted her place. It was really a bad news as she was very close to me and she had given me company all the while. It was difficult to live without her as it was very boring and lonely. I had to digest the fact that she would be leaving Bangalore. Thought of shifting the room and searched a new one.

Whenever I used to feel homesick, I would sit alone.. hear some sad music and cry to myself.
When I get time, I used to fly off to my hometown to meet my parents and enjoy there. That was not so often.

I'm adjusting and compromising for each and everything here. Coz one day I want to go back to my place with a happy face! I have to to achieve what I had thought and that is possible only here. I have to make time for studies, work and enjoyment. :)

Bangalore has given me life, enjoyment, friends, job... the list goes on. But it has taken away from me.. my happiest life that was in Manipal(my hometown).. It has made me live far from my loved ones! I miss everything out there.. especially my parents and my sweet home.
Not sure whether I have to thank for what I have or be sad for what I don't have with me..!


Whatever it is...
a year has passed..!
memories will remain for sure....!!!

28 comments:

Sonshu said...

Hmm...Nice post...Touching..Nice to know ur experience

santoshi said...

Swetha, I know how it feels to be away from our loved ones. You are really a brave girl.

Arv said...

Sometimes... its hard to understand what life is trying to teach us... but thats no reason for us to stop and wonder instead of enjoying the days of our lives :)

take care... cheers...

Nikhil Menon said...

Awwww.. :( izzokay sweetie..Kno wot??U are such a strong person rite now,after having stayed away from ur near and dears..U are an independent person,much much mature,better than the past..And life really has all these phases.I say,u just gotta live on and let it go on and on and on..

Afterall,we are all there for ya rite??Never mentioned my name in that list.. :( :( :X

Congratulationzzz on the first anniv.. :p

Take care..

Hugzzzzzzzzz

Nikhil

Hemanth Potluri said...

wow congrats on completing one year sweet-ha :)..its really good to read all the experiences u had its just wonderful :)..well i tell u one thing..i am just here a call away when ever u need me :)..tc dear have a gud one :)..

urs..hemu..

Yamini Meduri said...

an year back, started the search
of the things u always wated to have
finding them is no easy, u realize
but today, u are an new "U"
one day you will find them
n that day is not very far

all the very best

Anonymous said...

Hey Swetha,

i loved every bit of the post u wrote. amazing. ur best of the lot. And i loved ur spirits the way u carried on in one year.

i see a lot of common stuff here. carving out a life in a new city on ur own and then flying out to the home town. not forgetting the home and feel for the same. i feel the same and boy dont i miss my city too :)

this is just too good a post :)

Wud pass on smthin :)

Lucifer said...

its always tough to stay away from home...have done it for d last 4 yrs so i totally understand...

n esp if its in a hustlin bustlin place like blore...strangers become frenz...n frenz become strangers...n finally v r left wid no one but ourselves...to wet our pillows in d nite...

but i guess it does make one stronger...n more independent...n v value things more which v didnt even give 2nd thots to...

beautiful post...reminded me of all d days gone by...dat alone feelin...search for a friendly face amongst d thousands of strangers...

u tk cr...n believe me these memories wud b looked back at wid a smile :)

hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ shonshu
:) glad u liked it!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ santhoshi
thnx! am brave?? the word makes me fill my confidence!! :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ arv
yes, i understnd ur point!
better to njoy whtvr v do..

Think Tank said...

you actually went to bangalore when you could have lived in manipal? lol ..neway life's like that

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ nikhil
thnx for those words!
u words made me strong enough to deal with difficulties..
nd yeh, life must go on! so whtver happens am ready to face it nw.. thnx a lot nikhil :)

nd whch list u r talking abt? :O

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ hemu
hey, thnx hemz
i knw u al r thr here for me. thts y am so happy and sharing all ma feelings here! :D

once again thnx a ton! :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ yamini
tht was really wonderful lines!
thnx a lot for tht
as u said i hope tht day is nt so far! :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ sam
thnx for cheering me up!
u too miss ur city..? dont worry. one day u too wil be back thr happily just like me after u fulfil ur dreams :)

gud luck to u..
and glad u liked it

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ mayz
ur words mean a lot.. and yeh, as u said these thngs made me strong n independent!

thnx mayz! i guess someday i myt feel tht i miss this place too. :D

Keshi said...

I was like u for years...away from family n friends, in a strange new land, doing my studies n work...its hard but u learn alot thru such an experience...u learn to survive somehow.

*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ think tank
yes i had to.. :(
my goals can be achieved here!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ keshi
i understnd nw tht am not the only person who went thru this pain..
u made me realize this.. thnx keshi! u too r wonderful nd strong tht u overcame with those thngs..

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ all
thnx for all ur cheering words! it really made me feel strong and to be bold!

hugzz to each one of u.. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww :)
Such a sweet post. :)

Anya said...

and we learn from this phase of moving around... hope blr gives you the much needed mental peace. stay blessed

www.chronicwriter.com

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ ki
thnx :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ chriz
thnx a lot for ur wishes.

Namana said...

MISS U RE...... :'(
b BOLD! wil always b just a call away.....
luv u.. ummmmmmaaaaa.... :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ naman
thank u so much hon :)

anju said...

no words simply awsome!