Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Those were the days !!!


Morning when I was walking today, I found two kids walking to school. As I started observing them closely, I noticed that they were in some conversation about one of their friend. I was smiling to myself thinking about my life during their age and then I was lost in memories of my good old days!

At the age of 10, what was I? Lol.. I was a kid.. a small tiny kid without a brain. I can remember few things though it is not so clear. I used to go to school in an auto with my neighbor friends. Naa. They were mostly my enemies than my friends. But yeah, we enemies were playing and having fun together. I used to cry when my mom used to feed me in the morning coz I used to hate eating! And then I was rushing to my school. In the evening, I would quickly finish up my "Milo" and then go to play. At sharp 7, my mom used to come shouting and asking me to finish playing and start studying.. I used to hate '7 o'clock" those days.

At the age of 14, I was quite grown up. I knew how to behave properly. I had made new friends in my new colony. But the fun what I had in my old place was not present. It was very much different here. Playing time comes when we want. If we feel like playing at 8 in the night, we used to go out and ask all to join us and then start some kind of wierd games. And most of the times, we end up talking and running here and there.

During holidays, it was very much fun. We used to plan so many things before the exam finishes. We neighbor friends wake up early do yoga, then skipping and at last cycling early in the morning. By around 9, we will pack up and go to our homes. Again, at 11 or 12, you would find us together at one of anyones house doing some craft work or painting or stitching. After lunch log off to sleep and then go to swimming at around 4.30 PM. Come back at 6.30 and go for cycling again or chit chat with friends. If not, play badminton!! So many things we used to do during those times.....

Ahhhh... Those were flash back memories.. does that happen now? not at all.. that life is gone for sure!! its difficult to get those days back.. those talks, those plays, those silly fightings with friends is what I miss in my present life!!
Those were the best days of my life that I realized after losing it.. Cheers to those friends of mine with whom i had lots of fun and there are few who are very far from me and I have lost their contact.. seriosuly i miss those too..
I wish I could relive those days again !!!

24 comments:

santoshi said...

I miss my childhood days. Those days were the golden days of our lives.

Yamini Meduri said...

wow thats a nice write up and i enjoyed the read..!!!

u r true my dear...the childhood is precious...that can never come back...!!!

first timer in your blog ...u r blogrolled..!!!

Nikhil Menon said...

It brought me memories of my skool days,which were rather weird.. :p

Yeah,but tht age is gone I say.Its a new stage in life,enjoy it wid less of cribbing.. :)

Take care..

Nikhil

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ sanotoshi
yeh, those wer the golden days that will never come back..

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ yamini
u r ryt! i hope u liked my blog.. thnx for blogrolling!! :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ nikhil
ur school days wer weird? hmmm
& yes, v hav to njoy the present! thnx for ur words..

premananda said...

Hi..

very good...

To be frank, i never enjoyed those days, it is just a golden memory


do u know one thing i met some of those people and at present they have only one topic to discuss that is what is u r salary, how much u have saved, do u have the car and it goes on


friends come on there are differnt topic to discuss rather than money, talk abut ur first love, good friends.....

some one told me that even i have changeda lot , i want to know what is that change wheather it is negative or positive

Arshat Chaudhary said...

Lovely post.. brought back fond memories.. man i miss those days.. thanks for this one..

Anya said...

good old memories..

first cycle

riding to school with friends...

such memories are worth remembering

www.chronicwriter.com

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ prem
u never enjoyed those days? hmmm, i need to investigate on this part.. :P

& abt frnds asking too many questions.. its just the part of life.. all ask diffrnt kinds of questions. not only frnds!

abt u getting changed! every person changes as he grows up! same with u too.. :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ arshat
happy to knw tht the post made ur memories flash by! :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ chriz
u r ryt! they r worth remembring!
we miss those in our present life now! bt remembring the memories, makes us smile for sure!

Keshi said...

I rem those days too..it's like they'll never be bak in my life again :(

Beautiful post! And yes Im bak :)

Keshi.

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ keshi
yes u r ryt!
and am happy to see u here back again!!

Lucifer said...

ahhhh those beatiful tension free days...those were d moments that will never come back again...that innocence...those frenz...those silly fights n yet no hard feelin...

nice post...took me back in time

Namana said...

:'(
miss you yaar.. a lot..
even if those people in our childhood come back, it wont be the same!! everybody have changed so much!! good old days!!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ mayz
glad u liked the post.
n yeh, those wer tension free days!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ naman
miss u tooo
i agree to wht u say.. most of thm hav changed, may be me too! :(

workhard said...

Childhood days were a lot of fun, no responsibility, no love, just a lot of studies...Only that sucked...
I miss my childhood.... Im sure a lot of people do...

Poetry directory

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ workhard
yes, we do miss those childhood days!
and yeh, studies always r the worst part :P

romi said...

today is my b'day, so now i am 2o.i miss my childhoodday vry much.bcz these were the golden days of my life.which will never come back.there were lots of fun...........today i miss it vry much.

zzzzzzz said...

everybody miss their childhood days because those were the best time of life.i miss it too.

ppppppppppp said...

childhood days r d sweet time of life.i miss it too much in present time.the day when i went my mamas house,d day when i played with my friends.and of course the funny talking.today still i meet with my relatives but i can;t enjoy it like that tiime.can i get back those days. i don't think so bcz those days gone foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr.i have just d sweet memories,

linda said...

whenever i think of my childhood,a dreamy pleasure overcomes me. many details have become easywith the passage of time.but i still remember some occasions vividly.my 1st day at school.i was very fond of my grandfather and used 2 go 2 sightseeing but one night he passed away,i missed him so much and of course my sweet childhood days.which'll never come back again.i miss that holdhoodday vry much.