Saturday, January 26, 2013

Passing days

Unexpected happiness do come on your way and by the time you realize and feel it, it would have done its work and moved on. I do value each and very small happiness that makes me smile even for a second. Past few days seem to have moved on very fast. Just last week I was eagerly waiting for my results for one of the exam that I had attended. I experienced the excitement of waiting, felt happy to have scored good marks and it also made me feel proud when people praised me. The week is already over and so are the memories. Times does fly by quickly.

Today had been to the flower show at Lalbagh. Though I've been living in Bangalore from past 5 years, I had not been to the flower show even once. Finally, I get to experience this.

It was indeed worth visiting and see such marvellous collection of various flowers. But yes I did go through the huge crowd pushing and shouting along with the scorching sun rays. The most enjoyed time was the shopping at various stalls at Lalbagh. There were dozens of stalls selling variety of stuffs including bags, accessories, flowers, gardening tools and seeds, hande made ganesha's etc. I bought few hanging plastic pots for my home and I'm sure my dad would defnitely love this one. 

And how lovely it was to be a part of the Republic day celebration at Lalbagh. It was going on when I reached Lalbagh at around 8.30 AM. What a timing! I did miss the laddu though, which was getting distributed. Felt nostalgic as I was remembering my school days.

I happened to reach this web page by Yahoo news and seriously, was amazed to see the retro photos of India. It did put me a big smile on my face when I checked the photos. From man-drawing rikshaws & bicycle rikshaws to the steam engine of railway, it is totally awesome to imagine the life in 1950s. Do check out the photos here: Retrospective India 

No comments: