Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Episode runs!!

2000,
Ehh? What is friendship day? Enjoy and celebrate being friends? Oh, I didnt knew this!

2002,
Self prepare a friendship band, tie to all my friends! I wanna prove that I'm their friend and I like to see the band what I make for them tied on their hands. Oh yeah, I expect my friends tie it to me too! I am their friend, ain't I?

2004,
I will tie it only to my best friends! No no, she is not my close friend. I will tie only to the people who are close to me and who will in return tie it to me..

2006,
Hey, its friendship day celebration. Lets all wear yellow color dresses and enjoy freaking out. How about a movie? Cool.. Lets all have fun! Its our day to enjoy together.

2008,
Hey, Yeh, I'm coming! Yes for sure.. I have put leave for two days and I will be there on that day. We will go out and have lunch together and may be we can watch some movie if not, go to beach and enjoy! After all, its our day to enjoy. Lets rock!

2009,
Hmmm?? Oh is it? Coming sunday? I want to come but I will not be able to make time and come there. I miss you all a lot and if you all would have been here, it would have been so much fun. We could have enjoyed our day! I guess, this time I have to spend friendship day all alone here!


Friends are special, they walk with us in the journey of life. Some take other route and go away and some stay with us. Still they all are my friends. I enjoy their company. I enjoy talking to them. I like to spend time with them. When I have something to share I have with them around me. When I feel like crying, I have them near by me. When I want to laugh out loudly, they too accompany me. When I want to enjoy my day, they come with me. I have them near to me in my heart. The best thing in life are the people called as "friends" who stays with you for whatever you are.

Every year when the time of celebrating friendship day comes, I get all excited. I feel like I'm enjoying and rejoicing their company with me for so long! But sometimes, we might not get an opportunity to celebrate the time together! Like this year, I want to celebrate it with my close buddies but they are very far as of now! I will not be able to meet them this time!

But but, I promise them that next time when we meet up, lets freak out and enjoy ourselves. That day would be just ours! I don't mind whether that would be the friendship day or whatever it is. I just want to be with you all and enjoy your company.


Every stage of life, leaves foot prints on how we came so far! I have made lots of friends in this journey. I have lost few but I have kept many of them safely in my heart.
When I was small, we neighbors were all of same age of mine. We had a good bonding those days that we never knew it was called friendship. We played, fought, laughed, cried and enjoyed being small.. We even complained,abused and scolded each other. I don't have you people near to me now. You all are far off though each of you are still in contact. I miss you people so much! Without you all, my childhood days wouldn't have been fun.


The friends I made in school were not so close to me. I was very different those days and I had thought that all my school mates were my enemies. Though we enjoyed, played and studied together, we had the feeling called as 'hate' between us. Now when I dont have you people near to me, I realize it was just the time and thoughts that made us think like that. I seriously enjoyed being with you all but never thought about it those days. I miss each one of you who were with me for more than 5 to 6 years.


College life was something very serious and funny that I went through. We knew what exactly we were doing, we knew we were enjoying more than we had to. Sleeping and talking during the class hours, mass bunk to watch movies, skip those afternoon sessions only because it was boring, running affairs, helping others to finish the notes, all those canteen talks, big big bundles of xerox notes that looked untouched, studies which never seemed to be ending, every moment of it is still fresh. I will never forget it. I miss all those wonderful times and the close ones with whom I spent my beautiful college life.

And after this phase, every now and then we make new friends. We come across so many people at our work, at our living place, neighbors, blogsville, friends of friends and so on. Few stay close and few walk away. Everytime this day comes up, I start remembering all my friends from the time I was small to the present. Each and every person has made a very deep foot print in my life. I like to treasure them until I'm alive.

2nd August, 2009! The same day again. Year after year I'm still the same, but I have more and more friends who gets close to me day by day. I might not be able to wish them all on this special day. But I remember everyone. I want to thank them here for staying with me, for being with me. I will not be able to meet you all but I can remember you and cherish those memories that I had with you on this day.

Wishing everyone a Very happy friendship day! Enjoy being with friends

26 comments:

Naina said...

omg that was so touching.. and your yearwise account of friendship day is exactly like mine.. I miss my friends.. :( Happy friendship day girl.. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah..i too miss my friends and for every stage you wrote its almost same wth me Dear..:(

It touched me..

So nice of you saying that you remember friends even though not able to greet or meet them ...:)

Happy Friendship Day Dear..:)

Cheers

we are all here to cheer you up ..let us celebrate ..!

Anonymous said...

One thing: Freddie mercury's friends will be friends!! Listen to it.. All the way!!

Arv said...

Have fun :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Sweet post on friendship.
Last year all my friends had tied friendship bands too! (Yes, even at our ages!! :) ) This year I am indeed far away (physically) from them..But close in mind.
Cheers
preeti

Amit Kumar Singh said...

nice heart-touching post..

Anonymous said...

happy friendships day shakespear :)

ARUN MANIPAL said...

;P..;)

Namana said...

miss u a lot.... :(
cum home soon..

Arjun said...

wow.. it was like walking into my past.. :)

Brought in a sense of nostalgia... Nice post... Nice dedication da.. :)


Cheers..!!
Arjun

Rià said...

nice progression. :) And wish u a very happy friendships day. hope u had fun!!

gypsy said...

:) happy frndship day....

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ Pathan
Thanks a lot for coming here and for your compliments.
I just didnt mention about my blog on orkut till now.. :) but glad to see you here.

and i'm doing well! hoping to see you here again

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ Kajal
Wish you the same :)
and wow, nice to hear that you too had experienced the same..

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ vyshu
nice to know that you too had come up in the same way.
happy friendship day to you too, well it has to be called as friendship week now.. :)
thanks for being here with me..

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ moukound
ok, and thanks for coming here

@ Arv
Thanks, u too have fun

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ preeti shenoy
Oh!
I guess we both are facing the same this year.. lasy year i too had enjoyed the celebration.. :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ amit
:)

@ sam
wish you the same :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ Arun
:P ;)

@ Naman
miss you too dear! wil be there soon

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ arjun
:) okay.. enough of walking into your past.. come back now.. :P
thanks arjun

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ Ria
thanks and wish you the same :)

@ neha
wish you the same

Keshi said...

same to ya hun!


Keshi.

Rahil said...

Friendship - a beautiful relation! And loved the way u went thru this relation since the beginning !!

God bless u and ur friends.. :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

Thanks keshi!
huggss

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ rahil
thanks for blessings
and yes, its a wonderful relationship

Moralesahpb said...

Sweet post on friendship. Last year all my friends had tied friendship bands too! (Yes, even at our ages!! :) ) This year I am indeed far away (physically) from them..But close in mind. Cheers preeti