Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm away!

Not yet, ppl! but in just another few hours I will be traveling outside my present place..
It has been quite a long time that I didn't travel outside Bangalore.. Life is getting bit boring, more hectic, sometimes fun and most of the times scary..

Few months back, we had planned for this trek and at last the day has come when we are setting off! We all are going to Dudhsagar, which is at the border of Goa and Karnataka for a two day trek! You can read more about this place, here. The best time to enjoy going to this place would be in the monsoon. Last year, in the same month of August we had all gone to the same place and it was really the best trek we had so far. It was adventurous and we had experienced some dangerous times out there. After a lot of discussions and conversations, we thought of re-visiting the place.
And here i'm all set to move tonight!

I will be leaving from here tonight i,e Friday 14th of August from Bangalore and will be back on Monday morning! I'm all excited (this happens whenever I travel)
but but i'm sad about something.. one of my friend who was supposed to come along with me isn't coming. His parents are not allowing due to the on going news "swine flu".
I know its risky traveling now but can we sit at home not enjoying what we were supposed to?
I don't want to do that. You all might think i'm taking risk. I too feel the same but canceling the trek will surely make me very sad which I don't want it to happen. I spoke to my parents about this and I did not convince them at all. They understood what I wanted to convey them and they asked me to take care of myself more than usual. :-) So it was an easy go. I just need to take extra care this time (i know nothing is in our hands) but still..

Anyways, I'm all set to go! Hoping to enjoy the fullest and I will be back with the update on this by next week. We will be celebrating Independence day this time in the forest on the track. It would be different from usual. I wont be able to hear lovely songs for the special day but I guess it will be good.

P.S:I'm adding here few pictures of the falls that we had taken last year.


This is how the falls look from few kms far..

This picture was taken when we were right next to the falls standing on the railway track. It was like as if it was raining heavily though it was not at all raining that time. :)


The bridge crossing the falls.. and the morning view of it! completely filled with drops falling out from the falls..

P.P.S: i'm still in the evergreen fresh memory of it, so I attached the photos here. :)
P.P.P.S: If you need any information about this trek or the falls, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!
Adios..

8 comments:

Arv said...

have a nice trip :)

take care :)

Naina said...

have fun girl..and take care of yourself.. :)

Arjun said...

have fun da...

full maja maadu... :) photos sakkatha agi idhe.... :)

I'll surely take info abt this place....

tata.. Happy Journey.. Enjoy n take care..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous said...

Hey..

Nice pics..!

Have a fun trip..:) Take are dear ..!

Rià said...

have fun sweets!!and be back soon. :)

Rahil said...

Enjoy the trip to the fullest !! Take care..

And will be glad to hear when u return abt the trip :)

Benny said...

wow..pics r too gud..dint knw such a place so long! anyways hav fun n be safe!

Swetha Padakandla said...

@ all
thanks a lot for ur wishes!!

:) :) :)