Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A cup of Tea

I was busy working in the evening at my office, when my ma'm told that if we wish to have tea we can prepare and have it. Pre info - she said it coz our maid who prepares tea daily is on leave for two days. If the maid doesnt come then my ma'm itself makes it. Since she was in no mood to prepare, she told that we can do it ourselves.

I definitely was not in a mood to prepare as well. So, i passed the msg to my other colleagues. They all bounced back to me saying that I have to prepare tea for all. I was escaping with so many reasons! At last, two guys told that they are ready to do. They both went to the kitchen and asked me to stand and help them. Well, I had to agree for this atleast! So we three went into the kitchen and found ourselves quite confused thinking what to do next. We coudn't find the lighter to start the mini gas stove. We had no idea what the maid used to do. We thought of using match stick which was in the cabin of my boss. All of them pushed me to get it. Ahh! With great difficulty, I went inside and told both bosses that we are preparing tea and need the match stick.

Ma'm was quite happy and she told that she would like to have it too! Ehhh? I was worried how she will have it coz I was damn sure that it wont turn out to be good. With a grin on my face and bit hesitation I asked my sir too. He told "no, thanks" without even seeing my face.
Hmmm. I thought he is saved and went back to the kitchen.

We started to work on our project. Our objective was to prepare a good tea without any scoldings and the result.. we had to wait and see!

With a lot of argument and difficulty we prepared tea where the milk was more and water was less. It was our time to test the project now. Well, being a tester I didn't wanted to drink tea. So my work was passed on to the next one. He tested the project ( in other words tasted it). We were eagerly waiting for his answer but as he had a sip, he replied back "Bahut garam hain, ek baar phir test karna padega, yaar".

One, two and three sips, still his answer was the same. Oh man, thats not a good answer. Atlast, he told "Teek tho lag raha hain". Thankfully!
We poured the tea to all the glasses and yeah, as I had agreed to them took the cup and went to ma'm with quite a tensed kind of grin on my face. She was delighted to have the tea. I turned to sir once again and told "sir, would u too like to have it?" He asked who had prepared it. My smart answer was "All together". He gave back a smile and told yeah, sure then. Let me come to the kitchen and take it. Well, I immediately replied "no sir, I will myself get it". He hardly heard it and was already on his way to the kitchen. I was worried that he will be cross now seeing the kitchen as we all had completely turned it upside down. But nothing like that happened. Instead he just entered the kitchen and picked one glass and calmly said "Thanks a lot"

Phew! Quite happy on the successful of our project. I heard my ma'm tell "It's quite good".
Now, it was our time to have it. We had no tea left for ourselves though we three dont drink tea. ;) In an instant time, we prepared an instant coffee and drank it in the kicten itself. We had a gossiping session in between! With a hearty laugh and satisfaction on the completion of our project, we quickly finished our tea break. Ready to handle another project... [wink]

I enjoyed! We enjoyed. All drank it! "I meant all drank tea" :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It wud have been gud if u had mentioned our names. ;) And at last, u did learn how to prepare tea n drink it coz of us! he he !!!!!!